英语阅读英语美文著作

英语经典优秀的美文范文欣赏

本文已影响 2.47W人 

学习好英语是有很多作用的,所以我们不要偷懒哦,小编今天就给大家整理了英语美文欣赏,大家一起看看吧

英语经典优秀的美文范文欣赏


  飞鸟集

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.

夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。

And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh.

秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。

If you.shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.

如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。

Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.

人是一个初生的孩子,他的力量,就是生长的力量。

The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.

绿树长到了我的窗前,仿佛是喑哑的大地发出的渴望的声音。

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.

你微微地笑着,不对我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得很久了。

The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing.

水里的游鱼是沉默的,陆地上的兽类是喧闹的,空中的飞鸟是歌唱着的。

But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.

但是,人类却兼有海里的沉默,地上的喧闹与空中的音乐。

The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness.

世界在踌躇之心的琴弦上跑过去,奏出忧郁的乐声。

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.

当我们是最为谦卑的时候,便是我们最接近伟大的时候。

The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and /pings out surprises of beauty.

]雾,像爱情一样,在山峰的心上游戏,生出种种美丽的变幻。

Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines.

我的朋友,你的语声飘荡在我的心里,像那海水的低吟声缭绕在静听着的松林之间。

What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?

这个不可见的黑暗之火焰,以繁星为其火花的,到底是什么呢?

Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.

使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。

The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old tree.

无名日子的感触,攀缘在我的心上,正像那绿色的苔藓,攀缘在老树的周身。

  Youth-青春

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind.

青春不是年华,而是心境;

It is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees.

青春不是桃面、丹唇、柔膝,

It is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, vigor of the emotions;

而是深沉的意志、宏伟的想象、炽热的感情;

It is the freshness of the deep spring of life.

青春是生命的深泉在涌流。

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity,

青春气贯长虹,勇锐盖过怯弱,

of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.

进去压倒苟安,如此锐气,

This often exits in a man of 60, more than a boy of 20.

二十后生有之,六旬男子则更多见。

nobody grows merely by the number of years;we grow old by deserting our ideas.

年年有加,并非垂老;理想丢弃,方堕暮年。

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.

岁月悠悠,衰微只及肌肤;热忱抛却,颓唐必至灵魂。

Worry, fear, self-distrust1 bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

烦忧、惶恐、丧失自信,定使心灵扭曲,意气如灰。

Whether 60 or 16, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonders,

无论年届花甲,抑或二八芳龄,心中皆有生命之欢乐,奇迹之诱惑,

the unfailing childlike appetite of what's next and the joy of the game of living.

孩童般天真久盛不衰。

In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station;

人人心中皆有一台天线,

so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from infinite,

只要你从天上人间接受美好、希望、欢乐、勇气和力量的信号,

so long as you are young.

你就青春永驻,风华常存。

When the aerials are down, and your spirit is covered with the snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism,

一旦天线倒塌,锐气被冰雪覆盖,玩世不恭、自暴自弃油然而生,

then you've grown old, even at 20, but as long as your aerials are up,

几十年方二十,实已垂老矣;

to catch waves of optimism, there's hope you may die young at 80.

然则只要竖起天线,捕捉乐观的信号,你就有望在八十高龄告别尘寰时仍觉得年轻。

  真正的自我The Real Self

The only problem unconsciously assumed by all Chinese philosophers to be of any importance is: How shall we enjoy life, and who can best enjoy life? No perfectionism, no straining after the unattainable, no postulating of he unknowable; but taking poor, modal human nature as it is, how shall we organize our life so that we can woke peacefully, endure nobly and live happily?

Who are we? That is first question. It is a question almost impossible to answer. But we all agree with the busy self occupied in our daily activities is not quite the real self. We are quite sure we have lost something in the mere pursuit of living. When we watch a person running about looking for something in a field, the wise man can set a puzzle for all the spectator to solve: what has that person lost? Some one thinks is a watch; another thinks it is a diamond brooch; and others will essay other guesses. After all the guesses have failed, the wise man who really doesn't know what the person is seeking after, tells the company:" I'll tell you. He has lost some breath." And no one can deny that he is right. So we often forget our true self in the pursuit of living, like a bird forgetting its own danger in pursuit of a mantis which again forgets its own danger in pursuit of another.

[参考译文]

一切中国的哲学家在不知不觉中认为唯一重要的问题是:我们要怎样享受人生?谁最会享受人生?我们不追求十全十美的理想,我们不寻找那些得不到的东西,我们不要求知道那些不得而知的东西;我们只认识不完美的、会死的人类的本性,那么我们要怎样调整我们的人生,使我们可以和平地工作着,旷达地忍耐着,幸福地生活着呢?

我们是谁呢?这是第一个问题。这个问题几乎是无法答复的。可是我们都承认在我们曰常活动中那么忙碌的自我,并不完全是真正的自我;我们相信我们在生活的追求中已经失掉了一些东西。当我们看见一个人在一片田野里跑来跑去在寻找东西时,智者可以弄出一个难题给一切旁观者去解答:那个人失掉了什么东西呢?有的猜一只表;有的猜一支钻石胸针;其他的人则作其他的猜测。智者委实也不知道那个人在寻找什么东西;可是当大家都猜不中的时候,他会对大家说:“我告诉你们吧。他失掉了一些气息了。” 没有人会否认他的话是对的。所以我们在生活的追求中常常忘掉了真正的自我,像庄子在一个美妙的譬喻里所讲的那只鸟那样,为了要捕捉一只螳螂而忘掉自身的危险,而那只螳螂又为了要捕捉一只蝉而忘掉自身的危险。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章