英语词汇常用英语单词

20个为你加分的常见习语

本文已影响 1.61W人 

the nick of time: 紧要关头。

20个为你加分的常见习语

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!


你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!


the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。


Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.


如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!


the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。


I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.


不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。


your marbles:变得疯狂。


Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!


我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!


in a blue moon: 罕见的。


In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.


在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。


n as day: 显而易见的。


It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.


显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。


second fiddle: 居次位。


I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!


我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!


your foot in your mouth: 说错话。


Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.


杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。


yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。


Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.


振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。


and tired: 被打扰或困扰。


She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.


她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。


p on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。


Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.


今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。


as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。


That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.


那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。


13. Step up your game:  迎头赶上。


Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!


听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!


k your nose into something: 干涉。


Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.


莎伦经常干涉别人的事。


ight from the horse’s mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。


Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!


据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!


it easy: 放松。


I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.


我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。


of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。


The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.


卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。


not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。


She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.


她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。


a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。


If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.


如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。


rock!: 你真棒!


Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.


兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。


声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章